Import VM with differential disk

Feb 7, 2010 at 10:27 AM

Hello,

I try to import a VM with the command Import-VM but I've got severeal differential disk.

When I try to import my VM I've got a mistake. The system want all my files in the same directory ! As somebody meet this problem and have a solution (I don't want to put all the files in the same diretory).

Thank you for your help

Coordinator
Feb 10, 2010 at 8:43 AM

The labs that we use at Microsoft events had the same issue.   I'm 99% sure that the parent does not need to be in the same folder, but does need to be attached before importing, and what usually happens is you put the parent in a different folder to the where it was when the export was performed.  Connect-VHDParent   will fix this for you, and then you should be able to import

Feb 11, 2010 at 9:59 PM

Thank's for your answer.

I'll try your solution in a couple of day.

De : jamesone [mailto:notifications@codeplex.com]
Envoyé : mercredi 10 février 2010 10:44
À : psunews@free.fr
Objet : Re: Import VM with differential disk [PSHyperv:83401]

The labs that we use at Microsoft events had the same issue. I'm 99% sure that the parent does not need to be in the same folder, but does need to be attached before importing, and what usually happens is you put the parent in a different folder to the where it was when the export was performed. Connect-VHDParent will fix this for you, and then you should be able to import

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (PSHyperv@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email PSHyperv@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com